Disable Raspberry Pi Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
Add the following text to the end of the
/boot/config.txt on the MicroSD card of your Raspberry Pi:
The Rest of the Story
I’ve been setting up Raspberry Pi devices (3B+) as servers, and only really need them to be connected via the Ethernet connection. Having the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth active seems like a waste. A quick Internet search uncovers the answer as usual, so I just want to document this for future reference.
Thanks to this StackExchange post; here are the details.
I’m assuming you have installed Raspberry Pi OS (previously called Raspbian).
- Take your MircoSD card, and open it on your PC.
- Open this file in a text editor:
- Add the following text to the end of the file:
1 2 3
# Disable Wifi and Bluetooth dtoverlay=disable-wifi dtoverlay=disable-bt
- Now save the file
- Safely eject your MicroSD, put it back in your Raspberry Pi
- Power on your Raspberry Pi, and not the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth will be deactivated
End of Line.